Friday, January 16, 2009

I, Too, Sing America



I've always loved this Langston Hughes poem

And with all that's to come in the next week, it seems quite fitting to reread it and think about. (Feel free to zip on over and savor it.)



I'll be in the crowd on the National Mall on Tuesday, clapping and crying and bearing witness to an amazing form of government and a country who, even with all her flaws, has made democracy work for over two centuries.



I'll post again at the end of the week, sharing what I know will be an incredible experience.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I envy you what will surely be the experience of a lifetime. I'll be with you in spirit...can't wait to read your impressions afterward.

Judy Merrill Larsen said...

Thanks, Lisa! I'm very excited , , , and still can't quite believe I'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you're going? You are so cool!! Take lots of notes...and tell us all about it when you get back.

Kathryn Magendie said...

What an experience to experience! Can't wait to hear all about it, Judy...

Melissa said...

I was part of the crowd for Clinton's inauguration in 1993, and it was quite the experience. This one is sure to top that. (I'm not going this time.) Enjoy!