Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Buy this book. Now.














My dear friend, Kristy Kiernan, has just written her second novel which blew me away and since it's available in stores TODAY, you must go buy it.

Matters of Faith is riveting, gorgeous and amazing. I'd read an early partial draft so I was very excited when Kristy sent me an ARC. I settled in to read it and was stunned. Here's what I wrote her when I'd finished it (about one day later): "I thought, having read the first half of your draft last winter, I knew where you were going with the book. I really did. But, you took me somewhere else entirely and I'm so so so glad you did. You just amaze me with the honesty and truth and compassion you wring out of your characters. And you don't tie it up in neat little bows--it's still sort of jagged, but comfortable. And more important, it's right. And honest."

But, don't just take my word for it. Here's what others are saying:

"In this tense, well-paced novel about belief, Kiernan explores what happens when faith and love test the limits of family fealty....The thoughtful themes, interesting characters and page-turning drama of this novel will likely make it a book club favorite."

--Publishers Weekly

"Kiernan's stunning second novel explores how one family reacts to a devastating tragedy. .. Unforgettable and moving, Kiernan's novel is an achingly real portrait of a family in crisis, one readers will react to passionately."

--Booklist

So, order it online here and here. Or, run out to your favorite store and grab a few copies. You can thank me later!

3 comments:

Kristy Kiernan said...

Judy, thank you so much! If I get anywhere it'll be because of friends like you!

Larramie said...

And as I wrote on my blog post: "The story, written with amazing grace, reminds us that life happens, people cope and the word "'new'" takes on a different meaning. I loved it all as will you because Matters of Faith is simply beyond genius!"

Kristy...how fortunate are we to know her and celebrate such talent?!

Judy Merrill Larsen said...

Kristy, You are very welcome, my dear, but it's your words that will take you far. I'll just be the one clinging to your coattails!

Larramie, You are so right!